If you’re like most people, you know that it can be frustrating when something goes wrong with your computer. Maybe you were trying to open a file that you had saved on your desktop and now it won’t let you because the program associated with it is no longer installed on your computer. Maybe you were trying to print something and now the printer is saying that the program that controls it isn’t installed on your computer. In these situations, it can be difficult to figure out what to do in order to fix the problem.
One of the best ways to fix computer problems is to know how to rename a program. Renaming a program in Windows can help you solve many problems that you might be having with your computer.
To rename a program in Windows, follow these steps:
1. Open the Start menu and click on Control Panel.
2. Under the Control Panel heading, click on Programs.
3. In the Programs list, find the program that you want to rename and double-click on it.
4. On the opened window, click on the Change button next to the Program name field.
5. In the Rename dialog box, type a new name for the program and press Enter or click on OK to save your changes.
In this article, we will show you how to rename a program in the Task Manager Details tab so that it can be easier to find if you need to fix or troubleshoot something related to it.
Open Task Manager
1. Click on the “Details” tab.
2. In the “Programs” section, right-click on the program you want to rename and select “Rename.”
3. Type in the new name for the program and press enter.
Select Details Tab
Task Manager is a great tool to manage your computer’s resources and to keep your system running smoothly. One of the tasks that you can perform with Task Manager is renaming a program. This article will show you how to rename a program in the Details tab of the Task Manager window.
To rename a program in the Details tab of the Task Manager window, follow these steps:
1. Open the Task Manager window by clicking on the Start button and typing “task manager” into the search box.
2. When the Task Manager window appears, click on the Details tab.
3. In the Details tab, select the program that you want to rename.
4. Click on the Rename button ( or ) next to the program’s name.
5. Enter a new name for the program in the text box and press OK.
6. The renamed program will now appear in the list of programs in the Task Manager window.
Click Rename on the right
1. In the Task Manager Details tab, type the new name for the program in the text box next to Program Name.
2. Click Rename.
3. The renamed program appears in the list on the right.
Type a new name for the program in the text field and click OK
If you want to rename a program that is currently running in your computer, you can do so by heading to the Task Manager details tab and clicking on the program’s name. Once you’ve selected the program, type in a new name for it in the text field and click OK.
Close Task Manager
One of the most common tasks we need to do in Windows is rename a program. Luckily, this is easy to do in Task Manager.
1. Open Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl+Esc key combination or going to the Start screen, typing “task manager” and then pressing Enter.
2. In the Task Manager window, locate the program you want to rename and select it with your mouse pointer.
3. On the right side of the Task Manager window, under “Details,” click on the “Rename” button.
4. Type in the new name for the program in the text box and hit Enter.
5. If you want to keep any of the program’s settings, such as its icon size or startup type, select them from the drop-down menus before hitting Enter.
See Also: 5 Best Exercises to Hanging